Thursday, January 10, 2013

Desert Sunset 30Paintings/30 Days #7

I am participating in a painting challenge to jump-start my painting efforts for 2013
The challenge has been offered by talented artist Leslie Saeta. Link here to join in or see paintings of other artists. I am glad to be participating in this challenge and look forward to seeing the paintings of other participants as well.

My theme is centered on my travels this winter in my 1996 29' Winnebago RV. Improving and diversifying my painting subjects has been one of the main goals of my travels. My goals for this challenge are to pick up speed in my painting, and be freer in my use of color and brushwork.
 
"Desert Sunset"
8" x 10" oil on masonite
Seeing all the colorful mountains through Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona this winter in my travels, I decided to let my mind wander and creat a figment of my imagination,  trying to apply my goals for ths challenge. I believe I was fairly successful! I welcome constructive critiques.
thanks for viewing!
 
 


1 comment:

Thanks for your kind comments!