Saturday, January 30, 2016

Oil Pastel Practice #1- Untitled- Updated

Oil Pastel on canvas pad
An exercise in pastel painting

I regret that I did not have the colors needed to make this a worthwhile pursuit. I am so used to being able with oils to mix any color I want. Can you tell my heart was not really into this painting? The composition makes me feel claustrophobic somehow........However, this was a submission for the online classes I have been taking ( always pursuing to do better) and I did want to submit some homework. 
Because my bathroom was in the process of being remodeled/upgraded this week, I could not get to my oil painting space, so I decided to try my hand at the oil pastels on my dining room table. I do not think I will be pursuing this medium; however, to never have tried the oil pastels when they had been given to me, would have been the greater loss. Thanks for viewing..... 

I went back a week later and worked more on this. I redid the large tree on the right and with the few colors I have available, I was able to at least make it a little more to my liking. 

Of course much more practice is needed in this medium :)



2 comments:

  1. I like this~ warm and welcoming, colorful but subdued so not an assault on my senses. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog and your comment! It meant alot to me. I remember visiting your blog often in the past. So good to hear from a blogger friend!! God bless you! I have been so out-of-touch with the blogs since moving back to PA, but hoping to get active again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!