Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cabin at Wood's Edge - Original Soft Pastel Painting

Hello Friends! Last week I was inspired to try my hand at pastel painting. Previously my work has been done basically in oils. The pastels I had on hand were a set of 23 colors left to me by my Grandmother decades ago.
In 2009 I had started a drawing/painting in pastel but was quickly discouraged as I hadn't a clue what I was doing. I recently came across this started piece in an old sketch pad and decided to see what I could do with it. So this is a practice piece, portraying a warm summer day in the late afternoon sun, in the mid-west countryside.
"Camp at Wood's Edge"
8.5" x 11" 
Soft Pastels on sketch-pad paper

I am happy with my first attempt and think I will do more in this medium.
Thanks for viewing! Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments!