Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Favorite Things #1, an Original Oil painting by Rebecca Jennings

I have decided to do a series of "My Favorite Things", where memories of childhood days are the primary focus.The strings attached are not only strings of the skates, but of the strings of my heart tied to my childhood. Come along with me on my journey into the carefree days of a past, all-but-forgotten way of life.  Together we will reminisce and recreate happy times.
"Strings Attached"
10" x 8"
Oil on Canvas Panel

These  old skates hanging on a nail on the covered porch wall remind me of the kids of our little town meeting at Myers' pond to go skating several times during the winter. The bigger boys would shovel any new-fallen snow off the ice. Sometimes there would be a wood fire far back on the bank to warm our hands by. It was a regular meeting place for all the neighborhood, kids and adults alike.

Thanks for stopping by to view my painting! Some of these paintings are for sale. I also do commissions on a regular basis. Just email me for details. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the painting and the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose! I remember your first pair of skates.... double runners :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!