Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunny's Studio is Moving!

I have decided to move back to the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. I loved my home here in Kentucky, but all my family is in PA. I plan to be settled in by the end of March, and back to painting by April 1. My new home has a beautiful room with natural light for my painting studio!

Meanwhile, here are a few of my older paintings from the 80's and 90's when, besides canvas, I also painted on saws, as it was an "in" thing.


"On to Higher Ground" (Memories of "Payday", our Saanen goat herdsire)

Oil on 12" x 2.5" Sawblade
(painted using a magnifying glass)


"Bees... Just to Polinate the Garden"

Oil on 19" x 5" Sawblade

The first 4 of my husband's beehives. We ended up with over 1000 hives which he transported from PA to FL to Me and ND for pollination and honey production. Our honey and goat-milk fudge was sold in 7 different locations.


"Serenity at Sundown"

Oil on 10" Sawblade

These are all in my private collection. I am looking forward to start painting again beginning the 1st of April. Thanks to all who have been so supportive of me since the loss of my husband.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you'll soon be settled in and painting up a storm Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, I'm hoping for a smooth move. You'll be inspired once in your new home & will be painting up a storm! I love the painted saw blades. And the stories that go along with them. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful Sunny... beautiful memories to cherish. Good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny - Good to hear from you! How're you getting on??? You are so blessed that your home has sold so quickly in these times. Best of luck on your move. Hope it goes without a hitch and you get settled quickly! Take care of yourself, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny, I am glad you are moving close to family, as family is so important.
    You are so gifted and talented, I am also glad that you will be back painting once again.
    Thank you for you get well wishes and prayers, I am feeling so much better.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh! Sounds like such fun. Thanks for sharing the saws. They are all so nice and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gram,
    im so glad your finaly moved in all safe and sound, i miss you as soon as we pull out of the driveway, i love you gramma, we all do, always here for you too, i love you!

    morgan rae (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny, welcome back to Pennsylvania. Now you can join the DPP (daily painters of Pennsylvania blogspot). Happy painting in your new studio. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too painted some of those saws. Yours are wonderful. Love the subjects you painted. The trees are just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!