Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting outside at the American Cafe

This little "down home" restaurant is located in Guthrie, Todd County, Kentucky, about 10 miles south of 68/80 just off of Hwy 181, and just north of the TN line. I arrived to paint about 9 am and set up at the vacant lot across the street, then went to get a hamburger at lunch time. This is a typical scene of this area of Kentucky where we live, a very back-in-the-day look. The food and the service is great, and many local workers stop in for their lunch time meals.




"American Cafe"


8 x 10


(Sold)


I was drawn to this place particularly because of our USA flag that is flown there every day, and the red and blue colors on the white building.

5 comments:

  1. I loved your color palette for this Sunny.Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE it! Are you painting outside already? I am waiting for it to get a bit warmer, I am a wimp, lol. Not surprised it sold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting of "American Cafe" is great! Good job!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful! And you have already sold it! Have a happy Easter! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!